FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH lost my 40lb luggage bag on a transatlantic flight...
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:12 am
uniqueflyer

LH lost my 40lb luggage bag on a transatlantic flight...

I have searched this forum for similar postings but only found praise towards LH on when it comes to lost luggage.

Back in April, one of my 40lb bags got lost on a flight from SFO to FRA. It was never found; late April I filed a property irregularity report with LH. On my original property irregularity report I listed all my belongings in the bag (mostly clothes) and the total value came up to $1700.00. After a month of additional search the bag was declared missing and my case was transferred to Customer Relations.

After my case was transferred to Customer Relations I got a letter from them asking for all original receipts to match the content of the missing luggage.
I did not have any receipts so I answered them that I don't have any receipts and would like them to process my case asap because it was about 5 months since they lost it.

Today, I got a letter from LH Customer with a check for $200.00 (!) saying since you don't have any receipts this is all we will reimburse you for and now your case is closed.

I am very upset because $1700.00 (+-) was what my stuff was worth and I feel like this is a direct spit in my face. I don't have any status with LH but i have status with DL. I've flown with LH before but this has never happened. But I still feel that this is very unfair and just don't know what to do.

Do I have any options on contacting them back and getting back what they owe me for losing it ? I could go and buy everything that I listed on the property irregularity report and mail them the receipts then? I don't know if this would help though.

Does any one have any suggestions and what should I do? I’m very upset.

Thanks for the help
Mike