FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Bellevue, Washington [Master Thread]
Old Aug 17, 2006, 6:24 am
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Arrow Westin Bellevue, Washington (Master Thread)

Preface: In SEA for meeting. Also visited the Future of Flight tour at Boeing. You may obtain tickets online. We were able to walk about the exhibit areas at no charge. With your ticket you also get a bus tour of the 777 line and building of the 787 line. Well worth it. Not far from Hotel.

Rate: Reasonable rate.

Transportation: An associate picked me up from SEA. I took a cab this morning very early from the Hotel to SEA. Total all in $41.

Check-in: The Hotel was full. I was pre-assigned a room facing south. Offered amenity card and picked points. No further upgrade available.

Perks: As noted above.

Room: The room was pretty standard. Certainly not over the top in anyway. Upon entering you come onto carpet. The bathroom was standard with the shower heads and pushed out curtain to left. The right has a area which looks like it is missing a piece of furniture. I had a king heavenly bed on the left with a desk and large LCD screen opposite. The room has a frig and with Starbucks packets. A lounging sofa is also included. I was expecting more. The straight out view is cement. Looking to the far right you can see the water. The position of the Hotels means all south and north views are cement so to speak. The north views I were told by staff is worse. Only full on west facing rooms have nice water views. The building is tall but the Hotel is only on the lower floors. I've been to the Hyatt and Woodmark. They would be preferred.

Communications: HSIA is $11.95 plus tax for 24 hours.

Gym: Did not try.

Spa: Did not try.

Eating Venues: Did not try but plenty in the area. We had lunch at Rock Bottom and dinner at Anthony's which has an excellent early bird special. $17.95 for a full meal before 6 PM.

Local Markets: Did not try.

Negatives: I had a difficult time just getting in touch with the correct department on a service issue. Not a polished staff.

Closing: The Hotel is ok. I think for me a been there, done that attitude is the nicest way to put it. It feels commercial and the rooms are nice but not over the top. I guess they lack a personal feel. The Hyatt would be my first perfer in the area.