FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:13 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)

Being bored and with time to kill in this terminal, I visited the BA lounge. It is heavily guarded and the lounge dragon assured me admittance was only for those flying on BA. But they honoured my QF Emerald card and allowed me into the lounge "just this once". It is a very disappointing BA lounge, not the worst in the world but not the best. Furniture is OK, somewhat similar to the AC but not as nice. Food consists of snacks not any better than what the AC offers for free. More importantly the bar consists of a long counter filled with empty bottles, and a sign "see attendant for drinks". Of course the attendant is nowhere to be found. Unlike most BA lounges which are well stocked with scotch whiskey, this is below the AC quality level (no sign of JW Black, much less Blue). And to add insult to injury, internet access is $0.25 per minute. No UK newspapers are stocked, and magazines are mostly limited to the BA inflight magazines. The hours are limited to BA flight times (didn't pay close attention, but something like noon to 4:30 pm).

There is absolutely no reason to visit the BA lounge at DFW terminal D, even if you are flying BA. Much better off going to the nearby AC instead. The AC in D has a nice espresso machine (makes decent latte) and waiter service, and just a more elegantly furnished space. Too bad BA/AA don't operate a joint lounge, maybe that would be better than either one is separately. But as it stands, I won't be going to this BA lounge again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Note the DFW Terminal D BA Executive Club lounge (also a Priority Pass lounge) is operated by a third party for BA (and others) and is not a lounge oneworld elites should expect admission to unless they are BA elites or flying BA.

For information about the DFW Admirals Clubs, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan and JDiver
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jun 10, 2011 at 5:36 pm Reason: added JDiver to mod note