FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MSP TSA Goons
Thread: MSP TSA Goons
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:53 pm
Wildman

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
By choice, I live in New York City. I do not think I have to remind everyone where the terrorists struck.

It may be easy for some people to sacrifice their civil liberties and lay their freedom and rights as a human being and a citizen of this country on the altar of security, but I think we better honor those that died by fighting for our freedoms.

peace,
~Ben~
Great Point! Yes, it is not crime that drives our behavior (locking our car & house doors,) it is the Fear of crime. I believe the same can be said for terrorism. If the bad people of the world can just create enough FEAR, then they have WON.

I always thought that the glass beer bottle that I was allowed to bring on the plane was a dangerous weapon, however no one paid any attention to it (ever see how sharp a broken beer bottle can be?.) While the TSA finally took care of my concern in a roundabout way with the no liquids issue. I guess I'll just have to make sure it is a empty beer bottle now!

There are so dam many things that can be used as a weapon, if someone is dead set on doing something, they will find a way. Our security is at best a lotto. Based on the TSA searches to date....how many terrorist have we caught? Could the total cost ($$$, time, effort, hassle) been invested better?

I am just glad that the OP didn't say they came back off the plane with the guy. I am sure he got the **** frighten out of him!