FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FC empty, no upgrades cleared yet?
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2004, 6:42 am
MM/PM widget

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikenFla:
This has been an ongoing problem since the inception of Auto -Upgrades. In Florida especially, Delta's 100 hour window for P.M's is a joke.
I have not been upgraded once prior to airport check in while there have 10-15 F.C. seats available at 100 hours.
I would be interested to hear if others flying to and from Fla are seeing any change.
</font>
So far their upgrade changes have only effected my MCO/ATL flights. Since they started this I have not cleared at time of booking on 5 flights in "B" except on 1. At the 100 hr window I am batting zero and at the 24 hr window I am at 50%. In total I have had only 4 flights actually clear at the first window. All the others except 3 have cleared at the gate. Of the 3 that never did clear, 2 were "B" and 1 was a "K", all were from ATL to MCO. As far as I am concerned Delta has simply replaced their upgrade program with the one Eastern Airlines had 20 years ago (It was called "Executive Traveler") which was a gate lottery based on time of check in on day of travel.
On a side note I have also noticed a big decrease in available award seats (F or Y) on flights involving travel between MCO, MLB, DAB and ATL, but when checking from ATL outbound to any destination except those cites above there seems to be ample seats and flights to choose from.

------------------
former EASTERN ET,AA Gold,US Gold. Current DL PM-MM,Marriott PL, SPG PLT, Hilton Gold