FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Adjusting Prohibitions/Designated "Ask Bart" Thread
Old Aug 13, 2006, 7:12 pm
peachfront

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
The remedy for plantar warts, caused by a contagious virus, is surgery. Athlete's foot fungus may last or recur for years, even decades. Maybe you can just buy a remedy for it. Maybe you will buy many remedies, over many years, and never be free of it again. I would consider that a considerable inconvenience.

Originally Posted by Kremmen
(And, yes, I'd rather catch something I can just buy a remedy for than the flu.)

I like taking showers myself, but the availability of those in airline lounges in the USA is very poor compared to what I'm used to in Australia. I usually try to fly in/out of SFO to shower in the UA Arrivals lounge (not for Y pax tho) incoming and the SQ SKL outgoing.

However, my main point is that compared to not being able to carry innocuous personal items on board a plane, not being able to carry deodorant, not being able to carry a drink, not being able to carry toothpaste on a 24-hour+ trip (yuk!!!), not being able to carry a screwdriver, etc, taking my shoes off for 20 secs is way down the list of things which I believe are worth worrying about.