FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class and First Class with children [Merged Threads]
Old Aug 11, 2006, 3:02 pm
Uniter

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
I would venture to generalize though that most of us were brought up different than many children today. We KNEW BETTER than to misbehave or bother others. We knew there would be serious reprecussions and were afraid of them. Too many children today (my neice and nephew are the perfect example) know their parents are not going to do anythign but threaten (adding more noise to the situation) and so they can do as they wish. And even worse than this are the parents who dont even threaten, they feel their children should be able to do anything they want anywhere they want and call it a "learning experience". The world is their's to control and manipulate and that shouldnt be limited.
Yikes! So what you're saying is, "Back in my day, we didn't just threaten kids to be good ... we beat them! With sticks! And they liked it!" Singapore Airlines allows beatings, I think ...

But beating children aside, I think it now comes down to a very simple thing ... kids are kids. If you don't like kids, well, tough noogies. You're annoyed by something my child does ... well, we paid for two seats (or at least 10% of a second seat) and you paid for one. That's just how it is. I think that most of the time, it's not my child disturbing other passengers, it's other passengers feeling disturbed by a child being there.

Last edited by Uniter; Aug 11, 2006 at 4:27 pm