FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread
Old Aug 8, 2006, 2:59 am
JW74

One persons opinion will vary from another

I must agree wholeheartedly. If GO! suddenly announced code sharing and FFM Agreements with any major airline, even at those low rates, then the carrot to fly GO! is much bigger and more compelling. For now, I am content to bounce between Hawaiian and GO! depending on which has the better fare (esp. since they price it as one ways. I can fly out on one airline, and back on another). I would be a fool to NOT fly hawaiian if they had a matching fare since I am a premier member. The lounge does me just fine. But if I can save 10+ per segment on the flight that I want, I would take the lower priced segment.

That bieng said, there is a HUGE difference in flight markets.

A 10$ difference interisland per segment is tatamount to 25% price difference in some cases.

But If someone offered me up 45$ less r/t on a bargain carrier on a flight from HNL to SFO, I would decline. I dont know about you but I barely sneeze at 5-10% discounts anymore, no matter what the market. 45$ one way...now theres compelling arguements for that.

Go is no different. CRJ aside (I honestly like the damn thing. nothing irks me more than standing in a plane waiting to get off, so the smaller, the better), it would depend on the price vs. distance.

I flew ATA once. Once.

didnt even use the return ticket. used miles to get back from SFO.