FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Misuse of Corporate\Discounted Rate Codes
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:23 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
All I know is no matter what hotel chain I stayed at they had a corp rate for every F50 & F500 company I worked for (and still do as a consultant). If the rates didn't work out (on either side) guess what - each side (hotel & corp) could sort it out in their negotiations the next year.

It's not like it was the negotiation for a gazillion years for goodness sake. BOTH SIDES negotiated what they thought was the best deal at the time. Geesh.

And - given there were times I could have stayed at the various hotel chains on 'publicly available rates' for far less than my corp negotiated for, but my corp felt I had to stay at the hotel at their (higher) negotiated rate to 'keep it for the next year', 'don't cry me a river' on the few who decide to take advantage of other rates.

Not saying I'd do it, but I sure as heck feel it all evens out. And again - yawn, this topic gets brought up every year w/ about the same discussions on both sides by the same parties.

PS - Most F50 & F500 corps book the chain, not indy hotels so I don't necessarily buy into the post above. It truly didn't matter if I was at small or big hotel - if it had Marriott or Hilton or Hyatt or Westin in its name THAT was the corp rate I got.

PSS - I've been told that since I said good things about the publicly available rate at LHR Ren they may not be honoring it or reducing that. I'm not saying that's due to Socrates or marriott_guy, but all I know is everyone could access it before & I had it for 2 years & now it's not looking available, so - if you do come across a great rate, public or not, put it in the code list but don't mention it here. You don't want it taken away, even if you're entitled to it....

Cheers.