FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Plane to the Bus....
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:10 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I'm on an AF flight from JFK-CDG 2C in a couple of weeks, and I have a fairly tight connection. How likely is it I'll be stuck on the tarmac, waiting for a bus?

Connection is in 2D. Is this difficult?
Some information is already available in the sticky. In order to give you a more detailed answer, we would need additional information such as time of arrival, length of your connection, final destination, even day of the week, which can impact your connection.

1. It is very likely that your flight from JFK will be parked at a remote stand, and that you will have a bus to go into the terminal. Since the demise of CDG 2E, fewer than 50% of flights have a jetway.

2. The steps for connecting to 2D are straightforward. You need to:
- clear immigration in 2C
- leave the baggage retrieval area in 2C
- walk to 2D (5mn to 10mn) either via the TGV station or by going down one level once you are in the food court area between 2A and 2C, crossing over to the other side (you will see all the car rental desks there), going back up one level into the food court area between 2D and 2B, and heading to 2D
- clear security at the gate in 2D

Enjoy your flights

PS as this thread relates to connections in CDG, which is the topic of one of the stickies, we will merge the two threads once this discussion has reached its conclusion. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 8, 2006 at 12:51 pm