FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Misuse of Corporate\Discounted Rate Codes
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:49 am
bomokandi1

Programs: MR Plat, Delta Gold, Hertz Pres.
Interesting topic and one no one will cop too. Yes I use the codes and have been a plat member for a long time.

If you use the flyertalk website then you all have used a code for something that was not yours. This site exsists to help travelers find a better rate or insigts into booking your business or travel plans. Now we all say that I would never use a rate that is not mine and I always play by the rules, but come on, most of you that posted have 1000's of posts, guess you all just like to talk. If Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn have discounted rates and their website allows booking these, then they need to take care of that issue themselves.

I doubt Marriottguy is going to stop a Plat member and ask him for his ID and risk losing a person who they make the most money off of. But rest assured for you whiny people if I get caught I will pay the rack rate, understood! It is Marriotguys job to catch me and I know the cat a mouse game.

Now for all you lawyers and people who know the law, please spare me the lecture and save it for this site. They let people post information in a public form that is a private rate code. I like Flyertalk, and in fact use it more for finding out about places and rating hotels more than for cheating Marriott. But still this exsists and I will use this piece of information to my advantage.

Now instead of puting Marriottguy in the middle we should let Marriott themselves figure out how to stop the perceived abuse that exsists. It does take some measure of *alls to do something slightly dishonest and this is not a rampant as it probally seems. Save your retorts about slightly dishonest and I will not post again.

And Marriottguy if you let me know where your hotel is, I promise not to use any code I am not entitled too and will happily pay full fare.