FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MCO Gas Station RIPOFF
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2006, 7:46 am
outoftown

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Originally Posted by mkt
and that Chevron will be charging $4.79/gallon then
Because some people are clueless and the gas station owner is taking advantage of a prime location and not-from-the-area car renter cluelessness. Kudos to him! I would probably do the same thing if I owned that station, because he's likely not getting the walk-in traffic and profits off merchandise that most gas stations rely on. The people getting gas at that Chevron are also probably not as ripped off as those who get the pre-paid gas option for the car rental. I'm willing to bet the gas per tank the pre=paid opton is still over double the Chevron's rate if they elected to fill it up themselves. If it wasn't for these "sheep", would the rest of us still be getting email offers to move money out of Nigeria? Should we point out every rip-off to others? Of course not. It's the American way to make money. Caveat Emptor.

A gas station near me occasionally priced Reg, Plus and Premium at the same price. I asked the station owner about it. He said most customers still pumped regular into their cars. I chided a woman at the next pump who was pumping regular. She gave me a deer in the headlights look. I keep my mouth shut now.