FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Luxor" thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:56 am
txrus

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UMassCanuck07
Hello all! I have been to Vegas many, many times but I am taking my girlfriend for her first trip to Vegas (actually her first trip outside of the US Eastern Time Zone!!)....

I have stayed at the Venetian, NYNY and Harrah's before. We got an excellent rate ($49.00/night) at the Luxor since I am a travel agent. I have a few specific questions about the Luxor...

1) How are the rooms? I have heard that the $20 trick works here well and I am hoping it will work for me. I plan to slip a $20 or $50 under my IATAN card at check-in.

2) Does the Luxor offer airport check-in? If so, where at LAS is it located?

3) How is the pool?

4) Is the Egyptian museum worth the admission price or am I better off going to the ones at the Venetian?

5) Do the staff seem to be helpful?

Thanks for answering and any other insight into the Luxor that you might have would be appericated!!!

John Williams
I'm sorry to say I stayed there for 1 night a couple of years ago @ the end of a conference I was attending @ Mandalay Bay. First & last time. $49 is about what I'd be willing to spend for that place. I was not impressed w/the room, hotel, or the staff. Let's put it this way-the 'closet' in the room is nothing more than a niche in the wall w/a metal bar stuck up there. Did you check the rates @ Paris? Of the hotels I've stayed @ in Vegas, that's my current favorite. If you make your girlfriend's first impression of Las Vegas the Luxor you may never get her to come back (at least in my opinion!) On the plus side, you will have easy access to the Shops @ Mandalay Bay (they connect to the Luxor now, I believe) & if your GF is a chocaholic, you should definately take her to the Chocolate Swan.

W/re: to the airport check-in, I do remember there being a big area for that right in baggage claim, but I can't remember if the Luxor was one of the hotels represented there-sorry.