FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:57 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hal717200
... and thats why our airline industry in the United States is in a total wreck. US Airlines are no longer able to compete effectively in other world markets. Ever looked at Boeing 787 orders? How many US airlines have enough money to buy the latest and greatest compared to other world airlines? NWA last year shed a lot of new aircraft opting to retain older aircraft that were already paid for.

US airlines are for the first time in history exploring foreign ownership possibilities. This is all the rotten fruits of airline de-regulation. Of course the consumer saves big time, but how far will this "McDonaldization" of the industry go? Don't keep blabbing about this "affordable airfare" BS that Mesa keeps regurgitating. That just fuels the fire to consumers who believe they should be getting air fares cheaper and cheaper when ecnomonically, it just isn't possible until you've put all your employees on federal minimum wage!

And as far as wages go... it's basic leadership: take care of your people, and your people will take care of you. If you pay quality wages, you will attract and retain quality employees whom are able to think and organize effectively resulting in professional service. Otherwise, you got yourself the scraps.

I went to go!'s Job Fair last spring at the Ala Moana Hotel. It was a complete chaotic mess. Mesa employees had no organization, there were no signs directing people, and the result was mass confusion. Applicants were waiting in wrong lines for hours only to be told that they needed to wait yet again because they had missed some step in the process. Piss poor planning leads to piss poor performance. Again, I take notice of the quality of the employees.

Mesa employees did not even learn how to properly pronounce the Hawaiian Island/City names. Yet, they made sure to give us an over-the-top "Aloha!" How embarassing.
I don't know why those who are convinced that go!/Mesa is a terrible operation are so emotional about it. Just fly another airline. If go!/Mesa is as bad as you say it is, it won't be around very long.