FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:42 pm
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Time For Some Comments While There's A Pause In The Action...

Originally Posted by sportsgirl
This thread is now at 231,856 views. Thank you Dovster, BEYFlyer, and moderators!

Thanks, sportsgirl. Your post may have been edited out except for the thanks to BEYFlyer and Dovster. And the gratuitous thanks to the moderators.
Seriously, and getting back to the thanks to BEYFlyer and Dovster, I like to echo that thanks for their real-time reporting from the frontline. I think I speak for all FlyerTalkers when I say we owe them a debt of gratitude and thanks for putting a human face to this war. I'm not sure about the rest of you but the worst thing flying over my house the past few weeks has been a renegade crow. I can't honestly imagine having to deal with bombs, missiles and rockets on a daily basis.
This thread has quickly grown to the third most viewed thread in FlyerTalk's eight year history. Not an insignificant milestone when you consider that FlyerTalk is among the world's largest travel bulletin boards and certainly the most respected travel board.
Unfortunate circumstances have created that milestone. And we're not going to take this occasion to brag about it.
But what we will brag about is that this thread has showcased what is best about FlyerTalk. Not only are we the premier source for the best information on maximizing miles and points, we are also home to some of the closest personal relationships on the Internet. And I think the participants in this thread have shown this to the max.
Now returning you to the commentary as we await Dovster's and BEYFlyer's green lights once again.