FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does UA Keep Giving My Seat Away ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2006, 5:33 pm
deepdishus

Programs: Former UA 1K, Premier This Year :-( PAL Mabuhay Elite; Starwood Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
This has happened to me twice, so I don't think this is a glitch anymore.

Today, 7/30, checking in at LAX for my flight to PHX UX 6520, I am given a DM card by GS check-in, even though I had reserved seat 8C when I purchased my ticket on united.com on 7/28.

The agent did not think I had a confirmed seat when I purchased my ticket. I did not have a chance to print out my e-tkt, but I did have a screen snapshot, which I showed her, clearly confirming my seat assignment.

I had a great check in agent, and she ultimately got me my seat back (someone else had taken it) after about 30 mins of phone calls etc.

I called the GS Res. number, and they said they would have to check with web support...they also did not show my seat as being pre-assigned earlier.

I am wondering why this is happening...I have a gut feeling this is because of OLCI, and for some reason they are giving my seat away.

This very same thing happened to me back on 6/1, going from SFO-RNO. That time, things weren't so nice. The check in agent and then her supervisor in SFO argued with me for half an hour, saying the reason I got a DM card was because:

1. I did not reserve a seat when I booked.
2. I did not purchase online (what does that have anything to do with it?)
3. I should have checked in 24 hours before online.
Sometimes UA agents will admittedly say that they've reassigned my seat, sorry. Reasons vary from me checking in after the person who wanted my seat (???) to the flight being full. There have also been times when, after confirming with them that I have a particular seat number, they would say no, type something in while not saying anything afterwards and will reassign my seat back to (as if doing me a favor).