FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does UA Keep Giving My Seat Away ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2006, 3:47 pm
Paubri

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
This very same thing happened to me back on 6/1, going from SFO-RNO. That time, things weren't so nice. The check in agent and then her supervisor in SFO argued with me for half an hour, saying the reason I got a DM card was because:

1. I did not reserve a seat when I booked.
2. I did not purchase online (what does that have anything to do with it?)
3. I should have checked in 24 hours before online.
I had this happen to me on Tuesday going from DEN-ONT. I did reserve an aisle seat when I booked, bought online, and checked in something close to 24 hours before online. OLCI told me my aisle had become a middle and gave me an error message when I tried to change my seat back. When I called CS the CSR in India told me...

1. The seats were under airport control, since it was 24 hours prior to flight.
2. Seat changes using OLCI are not available less than 24 hours before a flight, that I should have changed my seat online more than 24 hours prior.
3. Because I was waitlisted for an upgrade there was no possible way to change my seat.

I explained the OLCI process to the CSR, who then started telling me the same thing more LOUDLY and SLOWLY so that I would perhaps understand what she was telling me.

Hung up and called back, the next CSR (also in India) got everything cleared up in about 2 minutes. Appears that the seat giveaways are also happening to someone other than the lowly among us.