FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is There a Standard Procedure for International Op-Ups?
Old Jul 28, 2006, 10:30 pm
go go girl

Programs: NWA Platinum
Originally Posted by boilerjt
I flew on NW28 from NRT-SFO on 7-27 and while boarding, I noticed 5 boarding passes at the ticket scan. I took a quick glance while walking through and saw two Silver Elites in the group of BPs for WBC. I am Gold Elite and never expect to get an Op Upgrade, but it seems kind of strange that two silvers would be upgraded in front of me. Does fare basis play a more important role than status (I was flying on an M fare)? BTW, this flight was jam packed and I had to endure a fussy, kicking baby directly behind me.
Last year on a return flight from PEK, our daughter(GE) was upgraded at boarding from PEK to NRT. My husband and I(Both PE)were not upgraded.
She is an attractive young woman, but I'm sure that was not a factor, as I don't think they had any way to connect the name to a face. As she boarded, they had a new boarding pass in Business Class already printed.
She also was upgraded on the outbound flight from SFO to NRT. Our other daughter was on the same flights-- same status and she was not upgraded.
We were all puzzled, as we thought the PE would be upgraded before GE. All of us had the same coach fare class that was not upgradeable.

There were a few empty seats in BC.