FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - STATUS FOR SALE-- *including EXP*
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:18 pm
j3823x

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by workandski
If they would make the status and the funds good for a slightly longer period I would grab this. I easily spend $10,000 a year on travel but will probably never make EXP or earn an evip in the normal course. Except for one foreign vacation a year, most of my trips are short notice, high fare, domestic flights where someone else reimburses me for the fare and I use stickers to upgrade if I can. One example: I flew LAX to Des Moines last Sunday and returned on Monday. The coach fare was around $1300. I easily do a dozen trips like that in a year. I would probably squeeze in another international vacation (or two) if I had some evips to get started with and I MIGHT be able to earn EXP the honest way if I did that. The timing on this offer is bad because I am not going to be able to travel for ten weeks this fall.
Unlike many of us, this card sounds excellent for your use. And from an AA marketing perspective, you would probably squeeze in a few more LAX-<..>-DSM trips because you've already paid for them. In other words, increase usage of the product because its in effect laying around (on the plastic) just waiting to be used. Like buying a larger size of whatever, people often use what they have laying around, not what they need.