FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - People Barred From Booking OW Awards?
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:04 am
bombayhog

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
People Barred From Booking OW Awards?

Had a rather talkative, if a little bit odd, aagent on the phone last night. I was calling to make some changes to an OW award, and she started talking about how she doesn't really like booking OW awards for people anymore because certain people try to manipulate the rules. I responded to this by asking what she meant exactly, but her answer didn't really give any explanation. She said something along the lines of "well they call in and ask 'can you do this, can you do this, can you do this?' and then they call back and say "DO THIS!" At that point, of course, I wondered whether I was encountering a rogue agent who had just lost her mind a little. Nevertheless, she then followed by saying, "yes, in fact, AAdvantage has actually barred a number of people from booking oneworld awards ever again because of this."

I'm curious to see whether anyone has any idea what she might have been talking about. How would it be possible to manipulate an OW award to the extent that you would deserve getting barred from booking any in the future? Somewhat interesting, I thought.....