FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How do I book an award for someone else when I won't be present?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:09 am
jib71

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by MarshKing
Right or wrong, it quickly became a strict policy that ONLY those with their name on the reservation may be checked into the room.
Thanks for the story

I'm headed to Seoul - I just made a reservation online and then realized that the reservation is in my name, but Mrs. jib71 will be the one checking in.... she arrives a day before I do.

I will be somewhere in the skies over Siberia when she gets to the hotel... so I really want to sort this out now.

An SPG call center agent told me that she cannot change the reservation because I made it online. ... and she gave me a little lecture about "the deadline has now passed to cancel this" - it is a non-refundable rate. (Well that's fine - I don't want to cancel it - I just want make sure my wife is allowed to check in).

Another SPG call center agent (yes, I called twice) told me "Oh that will be fine. She can just show up with a print out of the reservation." Yeah... right. I doubt it.

I have put a remark into the "special request" section of the online reservation - which states that the person checking in will be my wife (and I have put her name there). Is that going to be enough?

Any advice on how to handle this?