FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Compensation Definitive Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2004, 6:26 pm
Flying_Duck

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B747-437B:
Considering that CRJs are built by Bombardier in Montreal - probably the best manufacturer of cold weather equipment out there, I highly doubt the credibility of that report.
</font>
Well, as we didn't have much other to do during our 7 hour contained (post-border control) wait, a lot of chatting went on amongst several of us "guys". One guy who lives in Ottawa said that there was nothing but delays and cancellations during the winter with these flights. Told of several CRJ's having to stay put for 1-2 days for repairs. Now granted, this was an unbelievable cold spell (with clear sky) and it was as cold in Ottawa during this time of year as on the poles - but all the other flights, and I saw Airbus 319's, B737's, even a Fokker RJ, left on schedule.

The exasperated single gate manager himself said that there had been major problems with 3 consecutive ASA CRJ's during this cold spell looking at 4th that day. Who knows, it may have been an ASA maintainance problem.

While this experience is limited and may not
represent the temperature capabilities of the CRJ's in general- I am only relaying what I heard - and during 7 hours of nothing else to do - you hear a lot!!