FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel with a bicycle on Austrian, Lufthansa or Brussels
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:37 am
roundtheworld

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by Chanticleer
Hey Everyone:

I am going to Frankfurt for an extended stay in September and would like to bring my bike (and leave it). I looked on the LH website and it says I will need to reserve ahead of time, but I wanted to get some experience here beforehand. Has anyone here done this, and are there any large drawbacks?

I would just mail it, but I read that a typical mountainbike box is too large for international mailing. Anyone have any good ideas?

Thank you.

I travel 80% of the time with my race bike. I have a proper suitcase for it which of course is oversize. The "official" charge is USD50 (or is it now 80) for the tranport all the way. (each way).

Never happend anything. But the TSA are jerks (sorry for the expression. They have never managed to close the suitcase properly...

Anyway, so far nothing has happened ...

I haven't paid hte fee in years. As on the US route they usually count it as one luaggage (so if you are UA Gold) then they usually do not hassle you. I actually never have put it into my booking, but put it in to be safe (especially if travelling in Y