FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Whistler Resort & Spa, B.C. Canada 2006 on [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:07 pm
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
kersie: as a Vermonter and someone with enough points, you owe yourself a trip to Whistler. From the drive up from YVR to riding down the mountains, Whistler is an incredible and special place.

I average 2 stays at Westin Whistler a year, and think of it as one of the better Westin hotels in terms of service, location and quality rooms.

I'm sorry to other posters, but if the size of the hottub is going to ruin your trip, Whistler's positive vibe won't miss you! (Yes, it should be bigger but the overall experience more than makes up for it.)

The week kersie is looking at is prime season, so chances of upgrades to 1 beds are slim, but not impossible. When I was gold they upgraded me to a studio loft, which I really liked as much as the 1 beds.

I like that they are now giving all guests bottles of water as part of the resort fee. Be sure to take advantage of the ski valet at the bast of Whistler as part of your fee too!

In addition to the great restaurants, Whistler has great food at the "Grocery Store" and your room will have everything you need to cook basic meals (microwave, refridg, stove top, dishwasher & utensils.)