FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Foreign airline crews not spending nights in Israel
Old Jul 23, 2006, 1:52 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dovster
Gut feeling: The airlines feel that anyone travelling to Israel right now has to come here and will not be deterred by higher prices.

On the other hand, lower prices will probably not lure someone who has no real need to be here.
Sounds good but not always the case.

I booked my 8/7 trip the beginning of June on CO, I had a Free Biz on AF with my DL miles but didnt like a 3hr wait in BOS and another 2 1/2 at CDG Plus my TLV-EWR flight was TLV-ATL-EWR so that also meant a waste of 5 hrs.

Checked CO and I was able to book an 'H' for $150 more then the cheapest available Coach. I figured since I was able to be conformed in BF with using only my miles and getting 150% EQMs it was worth it.

Checked this morning and my outbound which 2 weeks ago had only 'H' available is now showing 'S', so for $1000 I could fly CO in Coach while it was $1460 2 weeks ago. The return has also gone down but not as far as 'S' as of yet. If it does Ill probably switch since it will be substanial savings and if the flights are flying empty I'll probably have at least 1 empty next to me, also Im paying $1600+ but its BF

On Friday I called my rental car company and the rates went down to reg rates , no longer High season with Aug usually being the most expensive of all.That saved me $100.

Since Im based in Jerusalem The Hotel is still showing Sold-Out but I already had them block off my reg room for me back in May.