FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!
Old Jul 23, 2006, 1:19 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well for a few minutes this morning I felt like I was w/ BEY & Dov!!

Just back from a walk on the (sweltering/hot) beach & it gets a bit cloudy. No biggie.

Then all of a sudden - massive lightning right above my house & within a block over & over & over & over. For blocks around everyone's car alarms keep going off w/ each lightning crack. My house shook & the windows rattled (didn't break). Humongo sounds cuz it was right overhead; I mean LOUD. I was considering getting under the bed (not having a bomb shelter handy!).

It was a bit scary. I mean, putting it into perspective not bombs falling scary, but for a split second when the noise/house shaking was occuring, I thought wow - this is a .000001% of what BEY & DOV are going through, and it's not fun.

Then we had torrential rain (in SoCal!!) which caused a bit of flooding, then normal rain, and now as I type this it's back to normal. Last night we had a dry lightning storm (also rare at the beach) that was a bit weird. Wind kicked up, lightning somewhere in the distance w/ thunder, and a Wizard of Oz/Dorothy tornado feeling.

Glad to see both of your green lights on this morning! And Dov, had to LOL at your response to Dementia.

Cheers.