FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:24 pm
TravelingGnome

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta PM MM, Airtain Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by anaggie
I have 5 rooms for 10 guys to Puerto Vallarta for a GUYS ONLY weekend. All of us are in the 30-40 category and make good money, so we can afford the good restaurants and so forth. Need some suggestions with the following:

1) GOOD restaurants for dinner

2) Good, cheap places for lunch

3) Hot Nightspots

4) Where is the hotel located? How is the beach?

Any thing else, pls let me know...

1) Best restaurant in Mexico - Cafe des Artistes, it's two restaurants in one - so you're covered for two nights. People all over the US talk about this place.
Barcelona Tapas is worth a visit. It's nowhere near as good as Cafe des Artistes, but it's about 35% cheaper. If money is no object, though - I'd seriously think about eating at Cafe des Artistes every night.

2) Dont' know

3) They're all pretty lame. It's the typical Mexican frat-boy special. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but doesn't really target your age group. The most promising place may be the club next to the hotel. Can't remember the name...but you can't miss it.

4) Hotel is located in the Marina area. Beach is....not so great. Pools are excellent though.

I wrote a whole page thread on this place. Search on my user name and it should come up.