FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton DFW Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth [Master Thread]
Old Jul 20, 2006, 8:53 pm
Snow Goose

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Suite Upgrades Scarce at Airport Hotels

I seldom if ever get a suite upgrade at the airport sheraton's that I frequent (YYZ, EWR, DFW, ATL etc.). However, given that I often arrive late, stay a single night, and depart early next day I rarely complain (just need a clean bed and shower). I believe the reason for the lack of plat suite upgrades at such hotels is the fact that they probably all have very few "standard" suites (who needs a luxury suite at an airport hotel, other than honeymooners who would opt for a presidential or royal suite, which would not be classified as a standard suite anyway). For large families, most of these hotels solve the space requirements by offering adjoining rooms

Having said that, I suspect that most of these airport locations also have an unwritten policy against suite upgrades to plats, except in sold-out situations. If they have very little inventory, rather than disbursing to plats they probably reserve suite upgrades for their favourite clients etc. For me, this is more of an annoyance than a real issue... where I really want/need a suite is when I am travelling with my family on vacation, rather than the business hotels I frequent at airports.

SG