FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:22 pm
SF1K

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Yes, I stayed their on June 7 (soon after it opened). I was not very impressed. But then again, it could just be that it is not my cup of tea. The resort is a little to "rugged" and "lodge" like for my taste. The rooms where okay, the landscaping is lacking and may just not be finished. I know that many things were not as completed as they had hoped, since upon check-in I was handed a letter saying that my room rate had been reduced by 30%. This made it something like $100 for the night. I really only did it to get in an extra stay credit. I had been at the Downtown Austin property the night before. Also once you get off the main road it seems like forever before you reach the hotel. The parking is also a LONG walk from the main entrance (I was too cheap to valet).

I definitely don't think it is worth over $200/night, and wouldn't pay that. If I could get it cheaper and only stay one night for the stay credit I would consider it, but a lenghtly stay there would bore me to death.