FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New upgrade rules effective Jan 1, 2004... Happy Holidays from DL!
Old Dec 18, 2003, 5:19 am
Marq

Mikey, I shouldn't have singled you out.

I did the math. If I switch my October biz award MCO-ATH to M with PMU, I will remake PM (with carryover and AMEX). I might have to book I ticket so I will hold off booking.

It would be nice if someone could keep statistics for us on upgrade success at window opening, waitlist clearing, standby. For PM, GM, and FO and the various fare classes. Would be nice if this was by city pairs. With such a database, we can determine, if T, K, or M fares are required to "guarantee" an upgrade, etc.

Any volunteers?

Edited to add: Although 750 mile rule helps me, change in upgrades will make it worse. I am confident ATL-DCA and DCA-ATL will be waitlisted at 100 hours. As a PM, I never clear at airport now, it will be even worse with PMs not having any restriction on number along with GM and FO Y and B. I was actually going to go for the 5K extra miles once I had a reserve of upgrades built up.

marc

PS I'm waiting for my first Thursday evening DCA-ATL flight with over 70 on upgrade list!

[This message has been edited by Marq (edited Dec 18, 2003).]