FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New upgrade rules effective Jan 1, 2004... Happy Holidays from DL!
Old Dec 17, 2003, 3:12 pm
andymo99

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
New upgrade rules effective Jan 1, 2004... Happy Holidays from DL!

While I was waiting to pick up a friend at the airport today, a little birdie let me in on some of the details from a DL memo circulated by Patrice Miles today.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">All Medallion members will receive unlimited, complimentary Upgrades effective Jan. 1, 2004, subject to availability when traveling within or between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) and Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico. This means Medallion members booking published fares of Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U or T will be upgraded based on fare and Medallion status (see upgrade window chart below). Upgrades will no longer be earned or deducted from Medallion members’ accounts. This change makes the SkyMiles Medallion program one of the most generous upgrade programs in the industry. (Note: this new upgrade benefit will not apply to flights to/from Hawaii.)</font>
I imagine this will be posted to Delta.com soon.

Happy travels to all!