FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 4:45 pm
PremEx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chchkiwi
Yes, receiving the same thing. On the Help page, it states there may be
periods of silence from two to five minutes while they play commercial sets, which are not permitted to be broadcast over the internet. Having said that, it's been about five minutes and still nothing happening. Another possibility is that you may not receive the broadcast unless you turn your firewall and antivirus software off - a scary thought!
Thanks. I'll try that, but I don't think that's it. I'm getting a buffering advise and then the "counter" starts (33kbit stream)...so I think I'm getting the stream from the station just fine. I think it's just that there is nothing there to get. I'm just worried that someone at the station forgot to turn it on to feed the broadcast to the web host and therefore the stream is just dead air.

Edited to add that their troubleshooting page gives this link to test if your firewall or anti-virus is the problem:

http://wmc1.liquidcompass.cc/indie103

...and I get that station just fine.

Never Mind

I just called the station and they told me they are currently broadcasting a ball game that they aren't allowed to stream over the web. So it should be back up after the game.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 16, 2006 at 7:35 pm Reason: Note: To streamline the readability of this thread, most references to the problem of accessing the radio program via Internet have been “soft-deleted” due to the problem being resolved.