FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Challenge: The Least-Expensive Way to Get The Most Medallion Qualification Miles?
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:58 am
BertBamboo

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Begging will not help. SGB!</font>
paper;

If you take Rssrsvp's advice you are guaranteed to walk away unhappy.

While Rssrsvp's advice may have been valid in past years, particularly when the shortfall exceeded several thousand miles or more, I suggest you try anyway.

With Delta’s acknowledgement that they have not properly focused on customer service issues since 9/11, you may have a chance. Especially if you don’t assume a threatening (“Do what I ask or I take my business to AirTran”) demeanor.

You have nothing to lose by trying and you might just get lucky.

First thing I would do is review your 2003 activity to make sure all earned MQMs have been properly credited. If your MQM count is accurate I would then suggest writing a letter to the new CEO with your request. Please let us know what happens.

added note:
It appears that Delta may be easing up a bit as they move into 2004.

This thread may be early evidence of that emerging trend.

The SSM supporters are angry at Delta and would more often than not prefer to see further examples of customer discontent and mistreatment. They are emotionally biased and do not always offer balanced replies, advice and commentary.

[This message has been edited by BertBamboo (edited Dec 08, 2003).]