FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]
Old Jul 15, 2006, 1:18 pm
fly co to see the yanks
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
well, mr fly co to see the yanks, would you be so kind as to post the link to your reivew and please offer any advice that will be helpful.
too lazy and it's not my job.

but, i would say the hotel is very conveniently located. if you have business in that part of town or like to be downtown, its one of the few options. the other downtown options are W Union Square and possibly the W Tuscany. but, i love the location. the pizza place on 23rd and 8th has great slices. and, for those interested, there are a bunch of movie theaters in the area (two on basically opposite corners of 23rd and 8th and a bunch on 34th and 8th).

the rooms are small but serviceable. they have free hi speed internet and a frig is available for the asking. the gym is bare, bare bones. there is a david barton gym at 23rd and 7th and a new york sports club (NYSC) on 23rd and 8th. both sell day passes, i believe.

it's a perfectly acceptable hotel with nice beds. the front desk (usually) tries but can be shockingly incompetent. i've had mail lost. i also had to report a broken ice machine about four times before it was acknowledged.

housekeeping is below par, no way to sugar coat it. the rooms are supposed to come with seattle's best coffee and poland springs water. i would say that i was missing one or both at least 40% of the time.

hint: the room keys very regularly "de-magentize" for some reason. so, if there was no one at the front desk i just got in the habit of asking for a new key.

there are only two elevators and there aren't service elevators. so, if towel service is being delivered or one of the elevators is out of service (which DOES happen), the wait can be quite long. hopefully, you will be stuck downstairs next to the bar...which can be quite popular, particularly in the summer. they have chairs outside in front of the bar/hotel and it can get quite a nice crowd.

this property is regularly sold out....it does an incredible business.

hotel management, like the front desk, is hit or miss. even though i have stayed at the property 75 nights this year (and stayed there in year's past), the GM didn't return two messages i left him. i walked by him many times at the front desk and he never even bothered to say hello....EVER. i was also in the habit of emailing the front office manager about various details of my stay (particularly reservation details) and at some point she just stopped acknowledging my emails.

if you have other "preguntas," PM me.

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Jul 16, 2006 at 8:08 am