FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Experience with go! Airlines" thread
Old Jul 15, 2006, 7:35 am
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Then they don't operate. A few airlines have done this.

I see this info also hit the "anti-go" myspace page --- which is expected... these guys will jump on any flaw Mesa has yet ignore their own flaws (such as Aloha cancelling a ton of flights cause a plane was unavailable due to maintenance). A Pacific Wings employee showed the swissport guys pushing a tug --- I guess LW has never had a ground equipment failure or a plane break down.

I still think that the newspapers in Hawaii need to do a story on how the local carriers have raped the kama'aina for years instead of doing a story on ONE go! flight that ran a few hours late (at least it operated!).
1. It isn't surprising that this is also on Myspace. At times, the Flyertalk Hawaii Miles and Points forum becomes the Auxilliary Myspace "anti-go" forum. When we are told
Originally Posted by donnyb
Again, second hand... I heard they got off the plane and went down to the baggage area & waited around but nothing happened. Finally someone told them they would have to come back in the morning for their bags, there was no one there to unload them. There were no taxis around either, and all they got was a $25 cert for a future flight.
it is pretty easy to guess where that information was heard.
2. Warnings about getting in to a neighbor island late, and finding everything closed up, have been around on this forum for a while before Mesa even proposed flying interisland. When this has happened to me, I always call the car rental desk at my destination airport (not the 800 number for central reservations in North Dakota or wherever) to let them know I am coming in late, and someone has always stayed for me, but I guess it is possible that people who don't call have been stranded in the past. True or not, it certainly has assumed "urban legend" status here, so I guess it isn't surprising that it was picked up and used here against Mesa, despite the total lack of attribution or confirmation.