FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines Information
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2003, 8:24 am
ClipperJCM

Programs: AA ExecPlat/2MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist. PA WorldPass
Problems on CSA Czech Airlines

Good morning FlyerTalkers!

I just got back from my first all-SkyTeam European trip (DL-coded ticket; JFK-CDG-VIE on Air France; PRG-JFK on Czech Airlines). No problems whatsoever on the outbound flights, but when we arrived to check in at Ruzyne Airport, we encountered some trouble.

Despite holding paper tickets and a confirmed reservation (which I booked two months in advance), the CSA agents informed my girlfriend and I that our reservation (and seat assignments) had been canceled. After being sent to a second counter (and then returning to the first), we waited nearly 30 minutes for two Czech-speaking agents to finally determine that we could PROBABLY board OK50 for JFK.... so long as a connecting passenger from Bratislava wouldn't mind moving his seat to accomodate us.

I didn't really understand why that was necessary, but then again, I didn't understand much of what the agent was telling us. Ultimately, we went from an aisle and window seat in the front of the plane to a middle and aisle seat in the last row of the A310... next to the lav.

Does anyone have any idea why our reservation would have been randomly canceled? And has anyone ever had overbooking/cancellation problems like that on SkyTeam flights before? (My inclination as a frequent DL passenger was to begin bargaining for a rebook through another EuroHub like CDG or MXP, but I got the impression that the CSA agents weren't used to passengers recommending booking methods).

Thanks much!