FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class
Old Jul 13, 2006, 7:46 am
Zaphod

Originally Posted by YOWkid
That's a bunch of bullocks. That's like walking into a store, seeing a posted price, picking it up and when going to the check-out counter, the clerk makes a final call on whether to sell the good to you at the price they have posted.

By going to the counter with the good, bringing out your wallet, and paying for the good, you have in essence accepted their posted price and entered into a sale/contract.

Under the same principle, going to the website and buying the ticket is no different. Given that the booking is "confirmed", it would appear to me that the airline has accepted and entered into a contract.

And this is totally different from the AC-AUA $0 fares -- in this case, there was definitely consideration. In my case, $206CAD of consideration (fare base).

I wouldn't agree to the "bunch of ***" theory either - at least not under German law. In fact what you describe - the price tag in a shop is not an offer (but merely an "invitation to offer"), you then make the offer to buy the goods and the shop clerk accepts it - is a standard legal textbook example for the formation of contracts...

Whether German law applies to the purchase of these tickets is of course an entirely different question.