FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Customer Care called to ARGUE with me!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:43 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Do you actually believe that that type of phone call does DL any good? Or would do any good to anyone?
As I said above, in this case, a form letter would have been better. But then we all would be responding to a thread "I wanted Delta to stop selling 40 minute connections, and all I got was this lousy form letter."

In many cases, IMO, a phone call would be better than a written response. Say someone misses a connection because Delta forgot to load enough agriculture forms on a flgiht to Hawaii. They write Delta a letter saying that they missed their connections and were stuck in the airport for 4 hours. Delta could send an email back saying sorry, here are 5,000 SkyMiles or Delta could call the customer, admit to and apologize for dropping the ball and offer 5,000 SkyMiles. I think the latter would have a much more positive effect on the customer's overall impression of Delta's customer service. When trying to win back a customer, or create good will, personal communication works much better than the alternative.

I am curious IceTrojan, what do you think the appropriate response to this situation would be? What should Delta have done to “do it right” in this case?