FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Austrian: CDG-NRT/SIN 467$cad all-in (330 euros);M booking class
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:33 pm
Gnopps

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by YOWkid
That's a bunch of bullocks. That's like walking into a store, seeing a posted price, picking it up and when going to the check-out counter, the clerk makes a final call on whether to sell the good to you at the price they have posted.

By going to the counter with the good, bringing out your wallet, and paying for the good, you have in essence accepted their posted price and entered into a sale/contract.

Under the same principle, going to the website and buying the ticket is no different. Given that the booking is "confirmed", it would appear to me that the airline has accepted and entered into a contract.

And this is totally different from the AC-AUA $0 fares -- in this case, there was definitely consideration. In my case, $206CAD of consideration (fare base).
Sorry no. Your analogy doesn't quite fit this example. What you have done when booking online is simply presenting your payment details (ie accepting the offer). However, Lufthansa hasn't "signed" yet. They do that when they charge your card. That is when you have a contract. I don't see how anyone with a confirmation only can make any claim.