FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-IST in J: ?s
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2006, 6:08 am
BAHumbug

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No I had to fly pax with nothing whatsoever to offer them in any class - did you? No, I thought not.
Lord, I hope you weren't on my flight back from SFO last summer...it was the first full day of the Gate Gourmet 'episode' and for the entire flight back in CW all we had was 1 cup of MaxPax coffee...

I hit the roof when I got to the airport and discovered the worst because, about 3 hours before I left for the airport, Gloria of the Executive Club telephoned and told me (I quote)

"The flight is operating normally and you should turn up to at the airport as you normally would"

As I pointed out to the poor Duty Manager the US$40 voucher was useless because no catering establishments were accepting it or giving change and the lounge wasn't geared up for the problem (understandably).

Suffice it to say that it was one of the most miserable flights I think I've ever had, and not helped when the upper deck discovered that pax in Economy had been given a deli-bag with sandwich and other bits and pieces...

Definitely not one of BA's finest moments, and I felt sorry for the cabin crew who must have taken a LOT of flak over all this.