FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tilton to speak on the "The Future of Aviation" (Thursday, July 20, 2006)
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:52 pm
747LWW

Originally Posted by brahms77
I certain that all of his presentations are prepared by others...
Of course...as are speeches presented by most all CEOs, US Presidents, US Senators, etc. I have written my share of such speeches and I know how they are created and the time and effort involved in their preperation, revisions, and delivery.

I predict that there will be scant attention focused on anything provocative, embarassing, or controversial to the "stake holders" of the enterprise...This is PR for UA in their home town...do you think he will revel any mistakes, take his Board to task, or denigrate his company by presenting anything controversial? He will be talking about the future...not the past...in vague generalities I suspect.

I can assure you that the speech will be entertaining and delivered with passion, persuasion, conviction, the logic of the reasoning will be "tight", and will likely contain a "little bit for everyone". His delivery may be subject to his somewhat distracting lisp but you can be almost certain that the speech will be deliverd from memory as he has an amazing, uncanny recall ability...and he will have rehearsed the speech more than once.

Simply stated, Mr. Tilton is at his best in front of the "lights" and not bad one-on-one, IMHO. He did not get to his high status in life based on luck!

I will look forward to a report in the press or from our attending fellow FTers regarding their impressions of this event.

LWW

Last edited by 747LWW; Jul 8, 2006 at 9:59 pm