FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Ideas for 10 day Alaska trip
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2006, 4:10 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Wow, I typed a lot more than I thought. No wonder I'm worn out...

Anyway, I forgot to post--if it's not too late to do so, I'd recommend extending your stay by one day. You'll be able to explore a little more without feeling so pressed--you may want to stay in Fairbanks an extra day, or you may want to make a trip to Homer, the halibut capital of the world (a few hours south of Kenai) and do a day cruise on Kachemak Bay to Seldovia or something (I just dug this up from Google and found it pretty representative: http://www.alaskahomertravel.com/Sou...ral/Homer.htm). Heck, you could even take a day trip and flightseeing excursion to Kodiak or Lake Clark! (Well, that may be pushing it.) There's just so much to see all over that you'd probably regret not spending the extra day here.

Hope this helps--and sorry for my stream-of-conscious style--I'm sick, haven't slept, and just got off of a long, hard day at work. Believe it or not, I am a journalism student, and my normal style of writing is far better--on FT, though, I usually just spit stuff out as it comes to me and don't bother revising or editing...