FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chinese visa discussion
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2006, 8:06 am
travelinmanS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
i don't doubt that the referenced text comes from an official source, but three points are worth noting: 1) each consulate posts its own requirements; 2) most that i've seen are considerably more lenient than what you quoted; and 3) the de facto standards are typically even friendlier than anything you'll see in print.

paragraph 6, in particular, strikes me as particularly far afield. in fact, i'd be surprised if 10% of f-visa holding public has been forced to jump through that hoop.

as myself and many others have posted before, an amenable personality and a creative mind are the only hard prerequisites for a 2-year f. anyone that is accustomed to dealing with the types of problems that typically confront frequently travelers (i.e. canceled flights, sold out hotels, etc) should have no trouble getting good results on the visa front.
Moondog, since you seem to have knowledge of this process I have a question maybe you can help me with. I've been told in HK that an American has to have at least 2 entrys on a previous F visa to get the 6 month or year F visa, is this true in the states? Does your F (if you have one) have the 30 day limit that lots of American's get put in theirs? I have a residence permit now but I'm considering quitting my job and would lose the permit but want to stay in China (I probably wont lose the permit until the expiration date in Jan, but I want to be prepared)

Also have you heard anything good or bad about the "visa consultants" in large cities (B.J., S.H., G.Z.)that will get foreigners a year long Residence permit of F visa for a fee of around Y3000?