FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Destination Rumors
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:52 pm
jetBlueNYFL

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Dallas Love Field is very limited by the Wright Act. Correct me if I'm wrong but the service from Love Field is limited to Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Lousiana, and Missouri. There is a huge battle in Washington on where or not to repeal the act or not. WN and AA are leading the ways on their own respective sides. AA loves their monoply at DFW and WN wants to blow things open at Love Field. Unless B6 can start flying to LGB, JFK, or Florida, it will remain untouch. Right now, the better option for Jetblue is DFW. There are gates availible and the flights from all the NYC airports on CO and AA are always full or near capacity.
Not to get totally off topic, but I recall several years ago AA had a few nonstops a day from DAL-LGA, I believe on a F100, in addition to their hourly 757 and MD80 service to JFK. How has this since changed with those whole Wright Act? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or post some info on this! Why wouldn't jetBlue be able to fly DAL-JFK if AA used to fly DAL-LGA?