FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much do you or your company spend on PPS sector qualification?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:59 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by flyUAyounger
Yes, that is true - I think some of the benefits are useless. But I think it also has to do with other aspects, such as the fact that the quality of the SKL has gone down considerably - there are TOO MANY PPS MEMBERS!!! It's like a bus station!

The lounge access in the US is nice, but I guess I don't really count it as a benefit as I'm a BD and LH *G (in addition to UA 1K - which is useless for domestic lounge access).

Otherwise, I guess PPS status is worth it to many not because of the benefits we receive, but because in order to attain it we didn't have to put up with rude and incompetent service that we get from so many US and some European carriers. It was actually a pleasure to attain this level, and individuals would continue to spend top $ for the quality of service received.

I also have spent a lot on the PPS status - but it was a pleasure attaining it (at least until my few recent conflicts )
I am sorry to say this. But it seems you just had "bad" stuff recently on SQ. And yes, from your post, you said now you are flying so much for the last year or two. Hey, I had been at SKL F at Changi where there were not many people around. So it seems I am not calling SKL as a bus station right now. Yes, there was a few times where it's packed. Anyway, with your LH*G meaning you are LH SEN. SEN lounge at FRA is definitely packed. That's what I called like a bus station.

Too many PPS members? Hmm hope SQ lurker will not decide to reduce the PPS members total by doing something silly. I mean not beneficial to me.

Okay, tell us what is the best for you being PPS? You said about a pleasure attaining it at the end of your post there. No other benefit?