FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you are a Citigold member.
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:01 pm
jedison

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by dolmar
I know I get charged $9.95 if i do the trade online via there web page and $14.95 if i call the 800 number. Last time I made a stock purchuse was last month so I know online they still charge me $9.95 for sure. I have friends who are also Citigold customers who do and do not get stock trades for the same price as me. They also dont get both AA Credit card and Diner Club card waived. They get one or the other waived but not both. Other friends get both cards waived just like me. Citibank will waive more fees and lower you stock trades based on your account size. If you come in with barely 100K dont except to get anything more than what is printed on there list of benfits. On the other hand if you come in with 500K you can and will get tons of fees waived above what is printed in there list of benfits.

They waivie for me the AA Platinum Select Private Visa Card with $125 Anunal fee but it has no milage cap at all. I have charged over $200K a year on it and i dont have any status with AA and all my miles have posted without a problem. I know this card was discounted tho back in like 98 or so was only offered I think to Citigold customers. They also waive my diners club card which is $95 a year. On top of that they waive the $65 fee on my AA premire mastercard debit card.

I know with Citigold the advisory you deal with and the size of your account also matters. Citigold offically charges for outgoing wire transfer but the guy I deal with at the bank has always been able to waive the fee for me. He also has waived many other fees for me in the past that Citibank normally charges.
Private Bank customers have all wire fees waived. Oddly, the private bank is not able to waive DC annual fee.