FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why I am leaving Continental and switching to America for the rest of the year!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:20 pm
tbogart

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, SK *G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cpx
Then again.. the benefits are going downhill across the board within US.
I moved to UA mainly because of the *A. I havent flown UA since
the move.. only other *A partners. I'm happy so far.
I agree! For me * A offers the best benefits overall. Next week I'll re-qualify as CO Gold, which means I have six months to reach Plat - if I want to.

With complimentary upgrades harder and harder to get, I don't see any benefits of being a CO Plat other than 125% miles and Elite-Plus (Sky Team lounge access).

Miles are pretty much useless on CO, I've tried for almost two years to use them for upgrades and can't, and with my * A Gold I pretty much sweet talk myself into most * lounges anyway so that's not a loss.

For me the lack of upgrade opportunities to BF on international flights is the most important issue. I loathe the CO Y product on transcon and transatlantic flights. The pitch is unbearable and the 757 is a single aisle plane...

On my last transatlantic flight two weeks ago a was op-up'ed both legs on SK. Service was at least on par with BF, if not better!

Most importantly, we were on a 'real' plane not the RJs CO fly across the Atlantic...