FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Daily Chaos at MAN T3
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2006, 8:30 am
Jetstreamer

Programs: BA Silver
Daily Chaos at MAN T3

For the past 2 Fridays I have taken a flight to LHR from MAN T3 departing around 11am (this week BA, last week BD) and following the move of BD long haul flights to T3 it is absolute chaos. This week I arrived at the airport early (at around 9.15) and the scene was a complete joke. The transatlantic check-in queue extended up past the sales desk to encroach on the domestic check-in area, some extremely p!ssed off Americans couldn't figure out how to get to the single business class desk (there really was no way through) and there were generally a lot of unhappy people. The problem is they simply haven't got enough check-in desks to handle 2 A330 loads of people departing within an hour of each other and it reflects very badly on both the airline and the airport. I can see why they moved to T3 to have all ops under one roof but there just isn't room there. Meanwhile in T1 there are now a bank of unused check-in desks.

The other problem at T3 is the security lines and I'm sure that regular BA pax aren't too pleased about this either. This situation can't go on IMO and something's gotta give. The obvious solution would be to move bmi baby back to T1 thus giving BD the extra desks it needs.

Sorry, I just fancied a rant but it does reflect badly on BD. Anyone else experienced this chaos recently?