FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Humor Forum
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2003, 1:42 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The Delta Humor Forum

In light of what I perceived to be tension in several threads in the Delta forum recently, I thought I would try to add some additional levity — not that there is not any humor in other Delta forum threads, but I figure starting a centralized, positive place where a fellow FlyerTalker could use a humor “fix” would give everybody a quick way to find funny anecdotes and thoughts related to Delta Air Lines. This way, if someone sees something funny, that person does not have to search through other threads to find it again, and maybe this will reduce the topic-straying of other threads (not that that was a problem — and I am definitely part of the blame for that!).

Whether that dose of humor is simply for a chuckle (or a chortle or guffaw), or if it is the medicine needed after a rough day of traveling, my hope is that it will serve the purpose of at least putting a smile on the faces on as many of my fellow Delta FlyerTalkers as possible.

Please share your humorous Delta tale, story, joke or experience here. I will begin:

-------------------

Whenever I have an itinerary which includes Washington National Airport, I ask the gate agent or flight attendant what the name of the destination airport is.

“Washington-Ronald Reagan National Airport” will be the response I usually receive, along with a puzzled look on his/her face as to why I would ask that question.

“Are you sure”, I would respond, “because that is not what it states on my itinerary.”

With sheer bewilderment, they ask to see my itinerary.

I then point out what is printed under the City column on my itinerary:

WAS-R REAGAN NAT

So if it was R Reagan National Airport, what is the name of that airport this week???

-------------------

Anything I can do to bright someone’s day is well worth it, and I use the aforementioned observation to brighten the day of as many Delta employees as possible, especially if I can make them laugh and spread the cheer.

I hope this thread will continually brighten your day as well.