FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubletree by Hilton Brighton Metropole (was Hilton Brighton Metropole) {GBR}
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:21 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Horrific Not even close - unacceptable Yes

First add me to the list that post number 2 in this thread was pretty much harsh and uncalled for.

Moving right along to something that might help the OP, I was in a similar situation, the frat house example used by another poster is a good example of mine as well; anyway, upon entering a room that had not been touched by the housekeeping staff and had a bed that looked like an orgy had taken place, beer bottles on the bed, floor, desk, bureau, - wet towels on the floors, trash can, pizza boxes in the room, you get the picture

I called down from the room as I wanted Hilton to see this room that they gave me, they said come down and we will reassign you (I used my camera first to take some pics to show the front desk) which I did. I showed the pics, they agreed it was unacceptable and put me in a suite for the night, ok, I was happy at this point till the keys didn't work.. so I schlep my arse back to the FD and they re-do the keys.. same thing, keys don't work, I call from the house phone on the elevator and say to the FD, to send someone up this time, as I am not coming down again.

Wait about ten minutes by the elevator and maintenance comes by to open it and gives me keys that work. The manager stops by later to apologize. At this point I told him, thank you but I am a bit irritated by all of this (roughly a 30 minute process from when I first went into my trashed originally allocated room). I showed him the photos of the first room too. He said, how can he make it right? I said I would like the room comped, he said no problem. I was quite content....... UNTIL

the bill showed up in the a.m. at a higher rate than I signed in for. FD says there is no record of my comp room in my file. At this point, I demand to speak with the on duty manager who says he will look into it.. so I check out (paying of course).. I then sent a letter to the property GM, manager I spoke with who comped me and Hilton Cust Svc... in the end I received a free room (credit of my original charges), free meal credit on my next stay, and 10,000 Hh points. I consider that adequate

Point is, don't give up, write the property, CC: Hh customer service, detail (without getting personal or using adjectives like "Horrific") the facts and state what you are requesting. Either you will get that or something else, but I would guess that you will get something else out of them.